Resources

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

AVID is fun!

Hey there!

So I've been "knee deep" in my AVID book.  I will be completely honest.  After first attending the conference, I was not as excited anymore for my district to be bringing a new program to our campus.  In hindsight, I was probably exhausted due to four consecutive days of 8:30-5:00 with jampacked workshops.  Since returning home on the Fourth of July, I have been making my best attempt to do a bit of AVID reading daily.  

I. Have. Learned. So. Much!!! The more I'm learning, the more excited I get to teach.  My school is going through a lot of changes (i.e. staff, leadership, schedule, tiering students, etc), but I am ready to take on those challenges.  I've been highlighting away and scribbling notes from my little blue science book.  I think this year is about to be major.



One of the best things about these strategies, is the fact that I can combine it with the content I am receiving right now through the Region 4 Science Collaborative (July is meant for PD right?). My brain is more than likely on overdrive, but I actually don't feel overwhelmed. I'm looking forward to seeing what my students can produce!

Back to my "little blue book"!! 

Peace and blessings,

CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment